Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


A special thanks to Larry and Linda for hosting a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner at their home in Lake Arrowhead. We arrived Wednesday evening through dense foggy conditions that shifted to hail and sleet that blanketed the mountain with a white substance that easily passed as snow for the kids. For our families I believe there is nothing more enjoyable than watching Olivia, Zach and Grace come together and play as cousins - reminiscent of the days Jennifer and I would bond with Kristen and Kelly as kids.



Linda can orchestrate a Thanksgiving meal with the best of them; we Porters are so blessed to have merged our Thanksgiving tradition with the Stricklands. This year, Larry and Linda arranged a photographer to take a family portrait - great idea - and Shane got the boys involved in a 9 on 9 flag football game - my ribs are killing me so next time I'm up for golf! Honestly though, V, Grace and I love our time with Jen, Shane, Livvy and Zach, and are already looking forward to Christmas in the mountains!

To all: If you have a favorite moment from the 2008 Thanksgiving holiday, please share it with us as a comment. And be well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Port,

What a beautiful job on the slide show and a great tribute to our time together. I love it!!!!

Jen